Golf tourism: Golf holidays & getaway breaks
The golfing destinations of Biarritz, the Basque Country and the Landes are internationally renowned for their excellence. Ideally located between the ocean and the mountains, they attract golfers from all around the world.
Biarritz boasts more than sixteen golf courses, all within an hour’s drive. The region pioneered golf tourism and has become one of Europe's most sought-after golfing destinations thanks to cutting-edge amenities, a unique selection of golf courses in France and an outstanding location for great getaway breaks and holidays.
Discover the complete range of offers to plan your golf holidays and indulge in your passion in the three destinations of South-West France:
- the Basque Country
- the Landes
- Béarn Pyrénées
The golf courses of the Basque Country and the Landes are among French golfers’ favourites:
• ILBARRITZ INTERNATIONAL GOLF TRAINING CENTRE: Most popular 9-hole course
• SEIGNOSSE: 3rd most popular course and 6th best layout and green
• BIARRITZ LE PHARE : 3rd best maintained and 4th best green
• ARCANGUES: One of France’s top ten clubhouses and 2nd best restaurant.
• MOLIETS : 8th most popular course and 8th best layout
• CHANTACO : 8th most popular clubhouse
• PINSOLLE-SOUSTONS : 5th most popular 9-hole course
In addition, Chiberta, Seignosse, Hossegor, Moliets, Biarritz le Phare, Arcangues and Chantaco are among the 10 best golf courses in the South-West, according to the Fairways magazine 2016 ranking.